Used as a natural remedy for centuries by the indigenous people in Australia, eucalyptus oil comes from the leaves and twigs of tall evergreen trees that grow up to 15 metres.
The main chemical constituents in Eucalyptus are eucalyptol and alpha-terpineol, making it an ideal oil for promoting clear breathing and easing muscle tension.
Eucalyptus is also known for being exceptionally purifying—cleansing surfaces and the air in addition to benefitting your hair and skin with its astringent properties.
Add Eucalyptus to your humidifier or diffuser to open your airways and stimulate your mind.
In addition to aromatherapy, eucalyptus is also popular in herbal and naturopathic medicine due to its antiseptic and germicidal efficacy.
Eucalyptus is renowned for its fresh, penetrating scent, a common ingredient in vapor rubs and used in steam rooms worldwide.
It’s also used to cleanse surfaces and purify air.
You may massage a minute amount it into your palms and inhale for a stimulating and clarifying experience.
- Personality: Lively and invigorating (yet soothing)
- Best attribute: Making you feel like you’re at the spa no matter where you are
- Extraction method: Steam distillation
- Plant part used: leaf & twig
- Use: Dilute with a carrier oil and or diffuse
- Aroma: Fresh, penetrating, woody, and camphor-like
- Colour: Green
- Originates from: China
- Interesting detail: One account of eucalyptus says that an early settler in Australia cut his thumb and bound the wound with eucalyptus leaves at the instruction of the aborigines, who have traditionally used eucalyptus in healing practices. The surgeon who later saw it was amazed at the rapidity of healing and lack of infection.
There are no reviews yet.